May and June 2013, my partner and I switched carrier to Vodafone monthly plan.Within the one month, under the first 30 days Network Guarantee, I complained of not been able to receive or make phone calls in certain areas of Cairns region.

They keep assuring me the problem will be rectified within three months. Nothing was fixed and by recognising the problem, offered three months at 1/2 monthly rate hopping the problem would be rectified by then. After numerous complaints and call centre, the only way to communicate, I requested Vodafone postal address and call centre denied this information saying there is no postal address. Consequently to complaint to TIO, Vodafone was compelled to provide postal address.

Since contacting Vodafone directly, now they stated the signal problem can not and will not be rectified. Vodafone offers now to either purchase the phone at unreasonable price or return the phone under warranty conditions. The unfair point to this offer is the fact that no longer I can obtain same plan/rate, I have paid for part of the phone and it is a second hand phone. It is unfair also because of the fact Vodafone is breaching the contract by not warning the problem of reception/signal.

Bare in mind, the inconvenience of having to rush to a public phone or a land line and extra cost, it seems Vodafone will not take into consideration their unprofessional response to their own problem.TIO is a toothless organisation inundated with telecommunication complaints preferring to avoid any decision that will cause longer attention.

Comments